Article provided by: Daffy Ducts
Your attic offers a lot of protection for your home. It does protect your home from cold, heat, and humidity when appropriately insulated. If your attic isn’t insulated, it could compromise your home’s efficiency, safety, and comfort.
However, choosing the right insulation can keep your home more comfortable while probably saving you money. At Daffy Ducts, we are attic insulation companies in Atlanta, GA, offering comprehensive insulation services designed to keep your home snug.
Reasons You Need Our Attic Insulation Services
It’s challenging to look at your attic insulation and determine if it needs to be replaced or repaired. Fortunately, there are signs in your home that indicate you need our attic insulation services. Check out the signs below.
- Varying indoor temperatures: There are chances that you need attic insulation services if you notice odd temperature changes throughout your house. Poor insulation can stop your house from being adequately cooled or heated as outdoor air enters; it changes the efficiency and comfort levels of your home.
- Increased energy bills: Higher utility bill is a sign that you need attic insulation services. Poor insulation can make your heating system or air conditioner to overwork, using more energy.
- Wet insulation: If you notice your house have moist or damp insulation, it’s time to replace the insulation. Wet insulation can let mold grow in your home, which can release toxins.
- Drafts in your house: If you notice drafts in your home, it means that your attic insulation is not installed correctly, which is allowing air to enter your home.
- Old attic insulation: Old attic can create a comfortable spot for pests, rodents, insects, and even birds. If your attic insulation is too old, it’s time to contact Daffy Ducts for your insulation installation in Atlanta.
Choosing the Right Type of Insulation
Once you decide that you need our attic insulation service, the next step is to talk to us and determine what type of insulation is right for your specific needs. There are three types of insulation for you to choose from:
- Fiberglass Batts or Blankets Insulation
This consists of large rolls of fibers that are held together with a paper backing. It’s best used when your attic is large. If your studs and joists are apart, then you’ll be able to unroll these into the spaces with no problems.
- Loose Fill or Blown-in Insulation
This type comes in large bags of loose fill to be spread around. It’ss perfect for filling small or unusual spaces. It should be your first choice if your attic is older. At Daffy Ducts, we are one of the best blown-in insulation installers in Atlanta, GA, providing attic insulation.
- Spray Foam Insulation
This type of insulation works well along with attic ceilings when you don’t have any HVAC components or ducts in your attic. The spray sticks to the ceiling can easily fill in holes and cracks quite well. A spray foam hold to whatever surfaces it is aimed at when your installer sprays it.
How Much It Cost To Replace Attic Insulation?
The Cost to replace attic insulation depends on the size of your attic, the amount of material needed, the square footage, the depth of insulation, attic access, and offshoots as well as the type of insulation you choose. As a general guideline, our pricing starts from $1.50 per square foot.
Now That You Know
If you’re interested in replacing your insulation or you want to see what the savings on your bills, then we are the company for you! At Daffy Ducts, we have attic specialists that are your go-to experts for proper attic insulation. Contact us today to learn more about our professional attic insulation services or to schedule a consultation.